- What are common signs of a poor crawl space?
- What should you be concerned about CrawlSpace Foundation?
- Why do You Need Crawl Space Repair?
- What are the different types Of Crawl Space repair Service
- Crawl Space Repair Contractor Near you:
Crawl Space Repair is becoming a necessity rather than an option when you see the cracks around the windows, doors, and in the brickwork and also experience the slope of floors. It is an indication that there is a problem in your home’s crawl space’s foundation & crawl space repair is required. These crawl space issues may give rise to new problems like structural problems or air problems or standing water problems and may require a foundation repair. So in this matter, you just need to repair your home’s crawlspace.
Crawl space repairing is a procedure of cleaning and drying the dirty crawlspace. In many cases, crawl spaces become damaged and it results from the growth of mildew and mold. You should repair your crawl space as early as possible when you notice something weird in your crawl space area. In that case, you should take the crawl space repair solutions service before it is too late.
Hiring a Diversified crawl space repairing service can help you significantly. Diversified is renowned in the territory of crawl space repairing. Our professional workers are specialized in crawl space repairing and we provide the best repairing and cleaning service for your crawl space.
What are common signs of a poor crawl space?
No doubt, the foundation is the most crucial for you and your family’s safety. So, if you observe any of the symptoms we stated below, your house is facing a crawl space problem and you should take action as soon as possible.
- Unpleasant air quality and stuffy odors.
- Damp living area.
- Crawl space’s wet insulation
- Fallen and hanging insulation
- Sagging floors, cold floors, and Buckled hardwood floors
- Infective vapor barrier
- Growth of crawl space mold
- High crawl space humidity
- Allergic reactions and asthma symptoms
- Cracks of foundation
- Wood rot
- Energy bills and usage are increasing.
- Pest infestations
What should you be concerned about CrawlSpace Foundation?
When it is the question of crawl space, it is closely related to the foundation. So, there are three areas where you should be concerned about:
- Water may go to your crawl space: Water may accumulate due to rain or lack of drainage system and after that water enters into the crawl space through weak points. As a result, water piles up in the crawl space and does structural damage, and produces unpleasant odors in the living homes. It also causes mold and rot.
- Weakens the structure of the house: Water issues, dampness, and many other things are responsible for the home’s structural damage. Weak structural support systems cause wall cracks, floors to sag, and also cracks around the windows and doors.
- Bad Air escapes due to lack of proper ventilation: If you experience unpleasant and musty odors lifted up from the crawl space, it is from the humidity of the crawl space and it escapes near the home.
Why do You Need Crawl Space Repair?
If your home’s crawl space odors badly or piled up with water, we can provide you the best crawl space repairing service. If your crawl space is not repaired as soon as possible, you may face many other problems as well. So, why do you need crawl space repairing?
- To save from the damage of a house’s structure: A wet crawl space can damage your home’s structure. To protect you and your family from a terrible accident and money cost, you certainly need to repair it.
- To save you from health problems and unpleasant smells: The mildew and mold growth basically occurred from crawl space moisture. The mold growth not only causes a bad smell but also causes fevers, headaches, and various flu symptoms. So it is necessary for you to repair your home’s crawl space.
- To save your home from insect outbreaks: Naturally dark places are a living space of various insects which may cause your health problem as well as cause a home vulnerable. So, you need to control pests thoroughly from your house.
- To protect you from air pollution: A wet crawl space can cause serious due to the stack effect, almost half of the polluted warm air entered the home. When this type of air enters inside your home, it causes soil gases, mold spores, dust, etc. So, you need to do the crawl space repair to protect yourself from bad air.
What are the different types Of Crawl Space repair Service
We repair crawl space with utmost sincerity. Our crawl space products and solutions are specially designed for your home. And we provide reasonable crawl space repairing to meet your requirements.
Water removal and cleanup
It will be a wise decision for you if you take help from professionals to clean up the crawl space water. Because most of the time in the crawl spaces are filled with sharp debris or bacteria or hanging & drowning electrical wires which are very risky for you. Apart from that, the moisture environment of the crawl space creates an ideal place for pests, viruses, mold growth. Our experts’ team will extract water quickly and clean up the area from underneath your property.
If you observe any kind of crawl space problems, you should prioritize the waterproofing first. Because water creates humidity in the crawl space and humidity is the source of all problems. Our waterproofing work will help you to lower your energy cost, give better indoor air quality and enhance comfort. We will provide our best solution and equipment to remove water issues for your crawl space.
Wet crawl space encapsulation
Crawl space encapsulation is very important for your crawl space. A crawl space without an encapsulation system makes the environment moisture-filled. Encapsulation helps you to reduce moisture, make a barrier for mildew, mold, and pest growth from the basement and reduce your energy bill. Our experts will provide you with the best service for encapsulation.
We will work with four steps:
We will start the crawl space encapsulation process by installing a drainage system to remove the water continuously. If you require and you want, we can install a home crawl space sump pump as well. Our experts will be matting in the crawl space floor to direct all leaking water to the drainage so that the crawl space sump pump can drain the water properly.
After dealing with the drainage system in the crawl space encapsulation process, we will install the crawl space vapor barrier. A vapor barrier is necessary to make sure that the crawl space does not have any dirt floor. Because the dirt is able to hold moisture the most and release it. So, we will stick a thick crawl space vapor barrier liner to make exit all water outside of the crawl space.
If your crawl space has vents, then you need to install a vent cover on each of the vents. Because the venting process will help you to reduce excess moisture that comes from outside through the vents. It is very easy to install in the crawl space encapsulation process. However, it will also protect you from pests that may use crawl space as a home.
4.Crawl Space Dehumidifier
The final step of the crawl space encapsulation process is to install a dehumidifier underneath your home. If your home becomes humid rapidly, then a dehumidifier is necessary. Dirt crawl space and open vents make the crawl space humid and the humidity climbs up and enters your living space.
Crawl Space Insulation
If your crawl space has excessive humidity, unpleasant odors, and mold growth, it becomes essential for you to do the insulation beneath your home. Because, humidity, musty odors will certainly enter your home and make your home fill with humidity and bad smells. Not only that, but these will also cause your home’s floor too cold in the winter. These problems will result in higher energy bills. Our professionals will use the proper insulation in your crawl space according to the R-value inspection. Let’s see the common type of insulation materials:
Fiberglass insulation is made with a combination of woven glass fiber and insulation material. This insulation is an exemplary non-flammable insulator and also slows down the heat transfer, that’s why it is the most used insulation. It is very easy to apply on the walls of the crawl space. This insulation’s R-value range is 2.2 to 3.8.
Cellulose insulation is made of cardboard, recycled paper, and other eco-friendly materials. It is the best eco-friendly and compact insulation. This insulation contains zero oxygen and is able to resist fire. It is a little hard to apply on the walls of the crawl space. This insulation’s R-value range is 3.1 to 3.8.
3.Expanded polystyrene insulation
Expanded polystyrene or polystyrene is made of thermal properties. It is good waterproof insulation and has a smooth surface. It is also very easy to apply on walls of crawl space. This insulation’s R-value range is 3.6 to above 4.
4. Polyurethane foam
Polyurethane foam is a very lightweight material. The interesting factor is, it has no insulation material. It is low-density foam and can be easily used on the walls. Its R-value is around 6.3.
Crawl Space Stabilizer
If you have a sagging crawl space floor, our structural technicians will inspect and repair the failing supports. We use adjustable columns to repair your saggy crawl space.
What Causes a Musty Smell in My Crawl Space?
Mold growth causes a musty smell in the crawl space.
Is crawl space encapsulation a good idea?
Yes. It will help you to regulate humidity to avoid mold and prevent radon gas from entering your property.
Will Crawl Space Encapsulation Lower My Energy Costs?
Yes. It will certainly help you to reduce the energy costs. You can save around 15% to 25% of energy costs.
Will the water in the crawl space go away?
A proper drainage system and dehumidifier are able to make the water go away from the crawl space.
Crawl Space Repair Contractor Near you:
We carry out thorough crawl space repair services at the below locations:
King County: Kent, Seattle, Renton, Duvall, Auburn, Bellevue, Federal Way, Kenmore, Redmond, Woodinville, Kirkland, Issaquah, Vashon, Sammamish, , Maple Valley, Bothell, Mercer Island, Enumclaw, Snoqualmie, North Bend, and the surrounding cities
Pierce County: Tacoma, Lakewood, Buckley, Puyallup, Gig Harbor, Spanaway, Bonney Lake, Graham, University Place, Orting, Fife, Roy, Sumner, and the surrounding cities
Snohomish County: Lynnwood, Everett, Marysville, Bothell, Snohomish, Arlington, Edmonds, and the surrounding cities
Thurston County: Lacey, Olympia, and the surrounding cities
Kitsap County: Port Orchard and the surrounding cities